Join us for a day of information tables showcasing the various helpful fee-levy groups on campus!
Learn more about how you can save money and gain resources with the support of these inspiring initiatives!
Featuring: Stamp card contest!
Pick up a stamp card and visit each participating group at the fair. Get your card stamped by each group to enter a contest to win a cool Concordia Community prize pack!
Together, fee levy groups provide students and the community with diverse resources, services and campaigns, including:
• ecological and sustainable development campaigns and projects;
• an international development volunteer program;
• a gender advocacy center;
• a fine arts festival;
• a political cinema series;
• independent student media (television, radio and print);
• a natural food co-op;
• a vegan soup kitchen;
• a social and environmental justice center;
• a co-operative bookstore.
In practice, the work of fee levy groups takes many forms, such as:
– fostering a safe environment for LGBTQ students;
– promoting safer, healthier, and more affordable food options on campus;
– providing access to affordable textbooks;
– directly financing students working on projects to improve the environmental and social sustainability of Concordia;
– writing and broadcasting stories concerning events, activities, and student government at our school;
– and much more!